Friday, February 22, 2013

Why are rest days so hard?


It seems every other day I should run, bike or swim, it takes a little bit of effort to get me up and out the door. But on rest days, I have to restrain myself! What is that about?

I have the Oxford Run for Hope half marathon tomorrow at 8:30 and because all the hotels are booked, I’m going to drive down at 6 a.m. to make it in time to pick up my race packet. Bring on the coffee!

 I may have been a little exuberant when I chose to follow up the St. Jude race with this one. I, unbeknownst to me, have chosen one of the hardest halfs in a 250-mile radius. It’s hilly.

I asked if anyone was running it this weekend in my running club, and I got these responses:

“Good luck! That is a tough half”
“It’s a long big hill.”

And if anyone was doing a long run for fun this Saturday:

“I won’t run more than 6-7. The long milers will be in Oxford for the half marathon.”
“13.1 in the Oxford hills has GOT to be the same as 15.”

Well, maybe I’ll enjoy this rest day after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment